RECYCLING WASTE SOAP FROM THE HOSPITALITY
INDUSTRY WHILE HELPING …
LOCAL WOMEN WITH SAFE EMPLOYMENT AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
THE ENVIRONMENT BY REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF USED SOAP ENTERING THE RIVERS AND OCEANS
ORPHANS, ELDERLY IN NEED AND DISADVANTAGED BY MAKING FREE SOAP DISTRIBUTIONS
About the Program
- S.O.A.P stands for Sustainable Opportunity Achieving Possibility
- Hotel guests throw away 75 tonnes of soap in hotels in Bali every year, often only used once or twice (or sometimes not at all).
- The program collects, sanitizes and reprocesses used hospitality soap, creating new soap bars.
- We give the finished product to poor communities that are in need of hygiene products.
- The program offers skills training and employment to local, disadvantaged women who are not suited to work in the hospitality industry.
- We collect soap every month from partnering hotels around Bali. We deliver it then to the small-scale reprocessing center at the Bali WISE campus in Nusa Dua.
- Bali WISE requests a monthly donation, based on the number of rooms in the hotel/number of villas, to cover costs of reprocessing, packaging, distributing it and paying a fair wage to the processors. The base amount is IDR 500,000 plus IDR 1,000 per room/villa for up to a maximum amount of IDR 950,000 per month.
- By March 2018, we cooperated with 18 partnering hotels – a number which we hope to expand continuously. This will enable us to employ more disadvantaged local women as soap processors.
- Our skilled workers break down the used hospitality soap, sanitize and reconstruct it incorporating a range of organic fragrances such as lemongrass and jasmine.
- Our aim is to reprocess 19,500 used bars annually.
- The finished recycled product is distributed to orphanages, disadvantaged and poor people, who lack access to basic hygiene products.
How to Sign Up
Follow these four easy steps to sign up to the S.O.A.P. Recycling Program and start getting your used soap recycled straight away!
- Meet with our staff to discuss the S.O.A.P. Recycling Program and the Memorandum of Understanding (M.O.U)
- Sign the M.O.U.
- Organize the gathering of used soap from your hotel rooms/villas and it will be collected by a R.O.L.E. Foundation employee on the date of the 28th, 29th, 30th of each month.
- Sit back and read your monthly report giving you details about the progress of the program, knowing that you are making a worthy contribution to the elimination of waste in Bali and the provision of fairly paid eco-friendly jobs for disadvantaged women!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesirate to contact Devin at firstname.lastname@example.org